Friday, February 22, 2008

Boxing Clever...

I am toying with the idea of doing a six-month stint at a white-collar boxing club called Cityboxer which is located near work.

I promised myself I would work on my hand techniques for hapkido this year and my punching in particular needs some work, so this could be ideal as I could go a couple of dinnertimes a week and brush up using their equipment.

The only thing that slightly puts me off is the American-style hard sell of the website which has the tagline 'You can play football, you can play rugby... but you can't play boxing!'

It's also quite pricey at £50 per month with a £100 signing-up fee and a £30 initial consultation fee too. But it may be worth it as with my cycling, my hapkido and this as well I'll be too tired to do anything else – including defend myself should I ever be attacked. Oh, the irony...

No comments: