Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Sweet Smell Of A Little Bit Of Success (Nearly)...

I recently entered a sitcom writing competition on BBC Writersroom where the winners get to have their work showcased in front of a panel of industry types. And the good news is I've made the long list of the final 32 scripts from 1200 entries.

I now need to write two more 15-minute episodes and aim to get into the last four to have a chance of getting my work seen and potentially get something optioned. Sadly success in the event is still a long way away but I now need to ensure I knuckle down and make the next two scripts better than the first one.

Having a little bit of success is quite strange as I'm so hardened to having scripts rejected that I didn't quite know how to react at first when I heard I'd made the long list. But I've now decided on a policy of smiling and feeling positive about it and I'm planning on sticking with that... until I start writing the next two episodes later tonight and the usual worry and self-doubt and over-analysis creep in.

But until then it's good news.

No comments: