Thursday, July 12, 2012

Music News...

I've realised I'm becoming a bit full of vitriol of late. I'm pretty sure this is just a natural reaction to doing all the recent theatre work I've been doing and it's my brain's way of recalibrating itself after being submerged in the topic of forgiveness and compassion for so long. But I sort of recognise that and as long the hatred is only happening in my head and quickly passing then I'm not too worried.

As part of my rebalancing therapy, though, I am letting my need to shop off the tight leash it's been on for most of this year and I have discovered a veritable gold mine of musical gems in Ben’s Collectors' Records, a second-hand music shop just off Guildford High Street. And even better it's pretty much £3 for any CD in there so it's not exactly bankrupting me either...

The shop is mainly vinyl and CD but my 20-minute fortnightly visits to this shop to leaf through the wonderfully disorganised shelves of CDs have really got me back into buying music again. I'd allowed buying music to become something of a treat when really it had always been a quite important part of my life from my teenage years onwards. 

So one recent trip saw me buy Paranoid by Black Sabbath, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road by Elton John, Scarlet And Other Stories by All About Eve, Rant In E Minor by Bill Hicks, The Singles by XYC and I'm Your Man by Leonard Cohen. And all for under £20.

The shop also has a very large collection of classical music CDs and I've located some real bargains in here too. I may have found my new favourite shop. Hurray!

No comments: