Monday, November 19, 2012

Pool: The Final Frontier: Part I...

The final county game of the season was a few weeks ago and I ended it on a high note by becoming the most capped county A Team player in Surrey history. I also won three out of four games to take my end-of-season tally to 26/40 and qualify for the trials for the England team.

The latter, of course, presents something of an issue as I'd already told everybody involved that I was taking a break for a year or maybe even two to focus on my writing and work with my theatre group in Guildford.

Even worse, after a trying start to 2013 I've sort of fallen back in love with the game... but I'm sensible enough to know that if I don't take a break from playing local league, interleague and county pool and all the regular practice sessions that entails then l won't be able to give the opportunities I now have the focus and the time they need.

But with the England Trials and the Inter-county Finals to come, plus a last national event in Yarmouth in April to, I guess the cue won't be getting put in the loft just yet.

It's not bad problem to have, though, and I'm doing well if it's the biggest thing I have to worry about...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck Brooksy! :) x

Paul said...

Thank-you.