Friday, September 13, 2013

Public House: Part I...

My new theatre company is slowly taking shape. I have two large-scale projects in the early stages of development, two potential writers, some serious academic back-up, several possible venues, some initial funding contacts established and a fledgling website.

My next tasks are to register it as a limited company at Companies House, then set up a bank account and, by December, I should be good to go for its launch show next year.

It's going to be tough and probably not without a considerable amount of stress. But I think I've found a way to fund it and make it sustainable.

I used to do this without worrying about it. It was just something I did and any obstacles were things to deal with en route. I'm now about to start doing it again. It's scary and it's exciting... but if you don't push yourself, you'll never know how far you can go.

No comments: