Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Write One...

I've been running a group for local scriptwriters in my new home town of Guildford for about 14 months now, and we had our second staged reading of two 50-minute scripts from the group a few weeks ago.

The idea of the group is that it's a chance for local scriptwriters to sit down and discuss and critique each other's work in an informal setting. Then, if we get a script we really like, we cast it and give it a rehearsed reading in front of an audience to give it a test-run.

It's a great process for writers to sit in rehearsals and see how their words on the page become a living and moving thing, and it's even better when it then becomes an event with an audience as the writers can hear what works, see what needs trimming and get all other sorts of feedback on their work.

It's a good and talented bunch of people in the group and it's helping me up my game on the writing front, too, because I get feedback on stuff I've written and I get ideas of where a thing can go next.

We're doing decent work already here. And together we'll all do even better work.

No comments: