Wednesday, May 04, 2016

Injury News: Part I...

I always felt that the back injury I acquired while hanging a pair of boxer shorts on a washing line was the most ridiculous injury I'd ever had. But there's a new contender. 

We're currently having work done at Brooks Towers and a floorboard was left up to connect some water pipes. The cat, Buffy, took this as an invitation to explore and jumped down five feet and decided to go hunting in the foundations of the house. She couldn't, however, get back up. 

Cue myself and the Missus pulling a up a few additional floorboards and me lowering myself into the bowels of the house to get her out. The gap, however, meant I needed to do some twisting and turning to get the cat, then get back back out. It was a like a shit version of subterranean horror, The Descent. 

On the way out, a few things went click in my back as I dragged myself up. This hurt. The next time, the fucking cat can stay down there.

No comments: