Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Back on the Baize: Part II...


It's been a rough couple of matches on the county pool front. I'm back in the A Team and I'm playing further up the order, which means I'm usually playing the match-hardened tournament players from other county teams. I'm not quite match sharp enough for that at the moment, so I've been on the end of my worst run at county pool, with 0/4, 1/4 and 0/4. 

I've had a couple of half chances and the record could have been a bit better. But the truth is I haven't been sharp enough to put the chances away, despite a much increased practice regime and the feeling it is starting to come together again. 

I started to fly a little bit in the last match, though, and hit a 3/4 and deserved to win at least 3/4 as well. The simple truth is that it will take a bit of time to be fully match sharp and compete against the best players in other counties. But more consistent form is in the post and it should arrive in the next couple of months.

It's still good to back, though. I have missed competing and I have missed the people.

No comments: