Wednesday, May 31, 2023

Football Crazy...


I quite like football. I didn't like it much for a long time because my dad was a local footballing star and I eschewed the sport. I mean, who wants to follow in the footsteps of their parents, right?

But I needed an identity crutch when I arrived at college, so I rediscovered my brief interest in Leeds United and it's stuck ever since. I haven't seem Leeds live since the play-off finals in 2008 at Wembley. But I remain a TV supporter who'll also listen to them if the commentary is on the radio.

This year, I've also jumped on the Wrexham bandwagon. I've seen them play at Aldershot. This was such a good day out that I also ventured out to see another National League match in Dorking v Scunthorpe.

The National League is quite good. The tickets are cheaper, you're closer to the action and the players are less churlish. The way Leeds United are playing, I may as well get used to attending such fixtures as it looks like we're heading back down there.

No comments: