Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Christmas Down Under

Tomorrow myself, the girl and the boy are off in Oz for just over two weeks for our first proper holiday of the year. (OK… our first proper holiday of the year if you don’t count long weekends away in Austria, Hungary and Spain and I don’t.)

We’re now pretty much packed and we even have a house sitter to feed the cats so, touch wood, all should be OK on the home front in our absence.

But even though it’s a holiday – and I fully intend to rest up and recuperate properly from several recent martial arts injuries – I am taking my laptop as I want to get some writing done and a 24-hour flight seems like a good place to do it.

I am having another stab at writing some sketches, which may well turn out to be utter rubbish, and I also want to make some major headway with a new play about a disgraced faith healer, which could be very good.

I may, however, also decide ‘Bollocks to all that!’ and just chill out on the beaches of Sydney (first week) and Brisbane (second week) with the girl and the boy.

Anyway, merry Christmas and a happy new year to anyone who reads this blog… Please take this joke as my present to you:

A bloke with a thing for lions goes to the zoo. He pays his money and heads for the lion cage but it’s empty so he walks around to look at the other animals but every cage he approaches is empty. Feeling ripped off he heads towards the gate to complain but as he does so he sees a small cage with a tiny little dog in the back. It was a shih-tzu…

No comments: