Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Making The Grade...

I grade for my black stripe at hapkido in 11 days and I'm a tad nervous.

It's been a year of niggling and nasty injuries and my recent bout of flu totally knocked me on my arse so I'm still not operating at full strength. Even worse the sort of training sessions that I'd normally fly through are currently turning into a bit of a grueling ordeal.

My body feels like the Starship Enterprise in Star Trek when it's under attack from the Kingons and the shields are struggling to hold up and Scotty is shouting 'She cannae take it, captain!' from the engine room.

Apart from my current stamina issues I also need to tighten up my stances. And I need to run through everything else I've learnt over the past five years. But that's all I need to worry about.

Oh... apart from learning the Korean words for the techniques I'll be tested on. Still, nobody said it was going to be easy...

No comments: