Monday, December 01, 2008

Artful Dodger...

Most of the Boy's teachers really like him and like teaching him, too, but one of them is an utter nightmare.

I've met her on a few occasions and, to nutshell it, she is an utter cow with a very patronising attitude and very bad people skills when it comes to dealing with either adults or teenagers. She was the Boy's art teacher when he was doing his GCSEs and he went into this course full of enthusiasm, but that was soon removed by her constant sarcasm and unsupportive critiques of his work.

So we asked one of his other teachers about her and he admitted she had 'an unfortunate manner' while one of his schoolmates quite sadly added 'She's just lonely...'

So myself and the Missus told the Boy to just get on with it and keep his head down and he did and passed, no sodding thanks to this wretch of a teacher I might add.

He was delighted and when he finished the course and started his A Levels we all assumed it would be his final dealings with her. Then when he joined the Sixth Form she tagged along as the new head of year and she's been a similarly patronising cow when it comes to her recent dealings with him.

Myself and the Boy were discussing this last night and I suggested that he should just save all his contempt for the last day of school when he could approach her and simply say.
'You know, Miss, you've been thoroughly unpleasant to me ever since I've known you but I have sympathy for you because I do pity an old woman who's watching her life ebb away rather than living it.'

The Boy, however, has another plan.
'I was going to be more direct and just say "Oi cunt! Good fucking riddance!"'

Perhaps sometimes the direct approach is best...

No comments: