Monday, February 02, 2009

Adventures In Pool Land...

The county pool season kicked off on Sunday with an away trip to Southampton and my good self moved back up to the A Team after helping the B Team win the regional title last year.

The pool match was engrossing although I struggled to win frames but I know decent form is not far away as I'm playing properly again so it's just a matter of keeping the faith.

The journey down and back again, though, was an absolute joy.

On the journey down I'd nicely settled in with my iPod and a decent book when several of my colleagues boarded the train and within five minutes I'd had the details of one friend's latest sexual encounter and a new friend's spell behind bars for ABH, as well as a very insistent offer of starting on a litre bottle of vodka. And it wasn't even 10am...

I'm used to such shenanigans but the Observer-reading thirtysomething couple sitting in the seats next door didn't quite know what to make of it.

Needless to say the journey back involved more lively debate and a stop off at a local watering hole. I did avoid the vodka, though, and it was mostly good, cleanish fun. Sort of...

No comments: