Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Solar...

There was much excitement at From Beer To Paternity Towers as my new play, Melt, neared completion of first draft stage.

It's about a cartography professor who was once a big noise in the environmental movement. Sadly his inability to keep his cock in his trousers saw him leave that sphere and end up lecturing on geology and cartography at a minor university – until a major corporation asks him to go on secondment to the Antarctic to help their mission to map the place for mineral reserves.

So I was delighted (irony warning – I actuallly mean really bollockingly fucked off) when reviews of Ian McEwan's new book, Solar, came out last week as it's also about a shagaholic professor who journeys to the Antarctic and it has an environmental theme too.

I'll obviously still finish the play but I sort of feel that my thunder has been stolen. I reckon I could have McEwan in a fight, though.

And fortunately I have an idea for a new play. I'm going to take the songs out of the musical My Fair Lady and turn it back into a drama for the stage...

No comments: