Monday, December 06, 2010

Black Belt Grading: Part III...

It's quite unnerving. In fact it's quite worrying... but I'm quietly confident about tackling my black belt grading in six days.

I've put the work in, I pretty much know what I'm doing and now it's just a matter of enjoying my remaining few classes, before arriving on Sunday and waiting for the nerves to start so that final surge of adrenalin kicks in to get me over the line.

One of my training partners filmed us going over our techniques last week and there are times I look quite competent. I surprised myself. Who knows, there may be a black belt martial artist lurking in there somewhere after all?

Let's hope so, eh? And let's also hope that he doesn't do something really fucking stupid and gets himself badly injured between now and Sunday. That would be very bad...

2 comments:

Click Wotson said...

Remember. It is like a finger pointing away to the moon! DON'T look at the finger or you will miss all of the heavenry grory! :-) Good Luck

Paul said...

Thank-you.