Friday, December 10, 2010

Black Belt Grading: Part V...

It's Friday night and I have a red belt class tomorrow then it's time to grade on Sunday.

I want to borrow a line from John Carpenter's They Live and say something like 'I'm here to chew bubblegum and kick arse - and I'm all out of gum' but that would be quite silly. And gum chewing in the dojang is strictly forbidden and kicking arse also suggests a level of enjoying violence that would be severely frowned upon when I'm there to demonstrate control and grace under fire.

So the line would end up going something like: 'I would be here to chew bubblegum but that's against dojang etiquette and I would be here to kick arse... if only I'd gone to a slightly more aggressive and more ego-filled school where oneupmanship is the name of the game instead of learning both the martial and the art.'

But that's quite a shit quote so it's probably best to say nothing and just get there.

On the plus side the nerves are now kicking in a bit so I'm starting to get a bit on edge. But that's a good sign. Edge is good.

No comments: