Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Message For: Part I...

So the performance dates for my first play in more than a decade are set for 18-21 September 2013 at the Electric Theatre in Guildford.

The play itself is a comedy told through a series of very brief monologues that gradually build up the overall story arcs. The characters delivering the monologues through a series of mobile phone messages include a travelling salesman, his dope-smoking friend, the salesman's hippy wife, a pool league chairman, the salesman's boss and several other characters.

I have a reading of an early draft of the script in January and, before then, I have plenty of bits and bobs to do, such as finish the first draft of the script, help cast it and produce it, and hopefully have a hand in the direction, too.

One thing I am ahead of the curve on, though, is the marketing side of things. For a start, I've written the scripts for a few short films to go on Facebook and YouTube to promote the play nearer to the time and I've arranged to shoot them over Xmas. I've also created a Twitter account for the pool league chairman to try and sell the idea to more people.

I also have some pretty firm ideas on how to fund it and publicise it, too. I'm looking forward to this and already getting stupidly enthused.

If you feel like following the pool league chairman on Twitter then please sign up and follow Malcolm Drudge (twitter.com/MalcolmDrudge). It promises to be slightly depraved good times.

And if you could spread the word, reserve the date in your diary and come to the show and buy tickets that would be great, too.

No comments: