Saturday, January 12, 2013

Fashion News...

The Missus decided that 2012 would be the year she stopped buying clothes and I thought I'd try the same approach.

Sadly, I needed a few rash vests for martial arts training early on in the year, then a suit for a wedding, then some shorts and trousers for a holiday, then I succumbed to a sale and bought a few cheeps polo shirts... so my bid to not buy any clothes ultimately failed even though my 2012 clothes spending was far from excessive. 

The Missus, however, succeeded magnificently and didn't buy a thing. Instead she recycled lots of her old clothes and dug out stuff she hadn't worn for ages. So I'm going to follow suit and do it properly in 2013. I've got loads of clothes that I haven't worn in ages. Some of them are even nice... 

Bizarrely, however, after making this decision I still found myself looking round the sales and even more bizarrely I was quite taken with a pair of trousers from Vivienne Westwood. It was at this point that I realised that I must be going slightly insane because:
i) The trousers were about £120 after being reduced for £220
ii) They were a cross between combat trousers and clown's pants 
iii) They were the sort of trousers the girl from 1980s pop band the Thompson Twins used to wear and looked ridiculous even back then. 

I am now pleased that for the rest of 2013 I shall be removing myself from such ridiculous temptations. Goodbye new clothes...

No comments: