Monday, January 30, 2017

Happy Anniversary...

Me and the Missus recently celebrated 20 years together.

To mark the occasion, we spent several days in New York and we took the Boy and the Boy's Girlfriend with us. After all, he's he's a big part of our story together and they celebrate their anniversary on the same date, too.

We had a fab time and we did loads: a Nicks basketball game, lots of meals out, Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, American Museum of Natural History, Central Park, Chinatown... We also headed to Brooklyn and visited Brooklyn Museum, which was an astonishingly good place with a world-class Egyptian collection and some amazing feminist art.

With the demands of my job currently insane, it was good to have some serious time with my family. We created good memories on this trip and these will sustain me through tough work times ahead.

The other thing that will sustain me is the thing that has always supported and sustained me. And that's the love of not just a good woman, but the love of the best person I know. And I've been blessed enough to have her in my life for two decades.

She's smarter than I am, tougher than I am and probably even prettier. She is without doubt the great love of my life and the best thing in it. And I hope she remains so every single day.

No comments: