Saturday, October 20, 2018

Back on the Mats


It's been a largely frustrating past three months on the martial arts training front. I've kept in touch with some form of light hapkido training and I've also done some boxing and some sparring drills, but BJJ has been a non-starter. A dodgy fall at hapkido saw a neck and shoulder injury, then another incident saw me tear some intercostal muscles. 

This meant I also missed a hapkido grading I was aiming to attend, which would have put me a step closer to my second dan grading, and it also meant a chance to compete at BJJ was not happening. 

This week, however, I have finally completed the triumvirate of hapkido, boxing and BJJ, and my body doesn't seem to be in too much agony, This is hopeful as it suggests I'll be back in full training mode within a few weeks as long as I don't do anything too stupid or push my body to quickly. 

At BJJ, I also did some no-gi with a very helpful and lightning fast no-gi competitor. If I end up not working in London next year, I'll be moving my BJJ training to a gym nearer home. I am also planning on doing no-gi instead of gi for a while, so it was good to have a chance to do some of it.

No comments: