Thursday, February 21, 2019

The Write Stuff...


I have done the maths with my redundancy money and I know how long I have before I have to return to work. To be honest, I have always known this, but I'm now looking at it slightly more seriously.

Fortunately, this is still a long way off, which means I still have plenty of time to plan, strategise and work on my writing. But I know it is highly unlikely that the writing will pay enough or land anywhere soon enough to make it a viable wage earner. If ever.

This is both a depressing thought but also an inspiring one. So I can either sit on my arse and be a bit depressed about it all, or I can use it as a rallying call and kick into gear and just work harder to give myself a better chance of success. 

I am choosing the latter course of action. Because I hate sounding like a whining fucker. Whining in an East Yorkshire accent always sounds terrible.

No comments: