Thursday, April 25, 2019

How to Be 50: Part VI...


I am a lucky man when it comes to women. I punch well above with my weight with my much-loved and frequently sarcastic wife, and I am lucky enough to have grown and kept close friendships with several other female friends I've developed close ties with. 

I also have my Other Woman. The latter and her long-suffering boyfriend visited Brooks Towers recently. Earlier in the week, she'd promised me that she'd bought me a 50th birthday present like no other. With the Other Woman, this could mean it was an incredibly tender and thoughtful present demonstrating how much she values our friendship... or it was something vaguely trashy and insulting designed to entertain her and everyone else at my expense. 

Two choices: Punters place your bets... now! 

Within her bag of gifts were many things that included the number '50'. These included 50 Jewish Home Cooking Recipes, the album 50 by Rick Astley, a 50p piece, 50% cocoa vegan chocolate, the comedy film, 50 Shades of Black, and many other 50-based things. 

The Other Woman clearly remains an adorable, piss-taking idiot. And now she's passed her Second Dan at Hapkido, she's an adorable, piss-taking I have to bow to in class. 

Fuck! I may leave the country...

No comments: