Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Other Woman News...



The Other Woman has just been promoted to Second Dan at Hapkido. 

She's trained in this Korean martial art for 13 years and she's come through a badly broken arm to reach this latest stage in her journey. I thought the grading where she was presented with her belt would be quite moving and I did feel a few teary moments. But it also just seemed right that she was getting a thing she's consistently worked for. I was dead chuffed for her. 

Even better, though, was a story involving the Other Woman appearing on a radio show where she was being interviewed in a pre-record and she was asked a question off-script. 

Asked about what the kindest thing she'd ever done involved, she honestly said that she once shared a chocolate bar with a friend. If you know the Other Woman and her obsessive love of all things chocolate, you'd fully understand that this registers as high as charitable giving and being a blood donor on her scale of random kind acts. 

But realising that this made her sound like the embodiment of selfishness, she then panicked and added 'Oh! But I do try to approach every day with a smile!' 

This is perhaps the greatest lie my beautiful but acid-tongued friend has ever told. It kept me and several other mutual friends amused for the rest of the evening.

So I may now have to bow to my best friend as she is a senior belt. But I will also keep myself entertained by doing so with a massive smile. Because I like to approach every bow to my Other Woman with a smile. I may even buy her a Little Miss Sunshine t-shirt. 

No comments: