Sunday, September 21, 2008

Gone To Pot...

Last week saw the presentation night for the singles pool league I've been playing in for the past year and a half. It's a pretty decent standard and competing in it has no doubt helped my form return somewhat, so much so that in the last season I finished second in the top division and above at least two players who are better than me.

But it was also a bit of a sad moment as I'm taking a break from playing pool again to focus on my hapkido studies as my next grading is for my black stripe and the one after that will be for my black belt.

So I have to get focused for at least the next three months – then maybe much longer...

Consequently I've been slowly getting back into fighting shape and I'll be taking some lessons about how I got back into half-decent form at pool into my hapkido studies after feeling like I've been treading water in class for the past year.

For a start at pool I got back on the practice table and started putting the hours in and, even though the bike's been getting some road miles on it and I'm getting personal tuition at boxing, I need to put the hours back in at hapkido.

But I think most importantly I have to remember why I wanted to play pool at a decent level again and that was quite simply because I enjoyed it. And when I played well it made the hours of knocking balls around a table on my own all worth it.

Sadly I haven't really enjoyed hapkido training too much recently but that's probably because I haven't been fully focused on it. But like playing pool at a decent level again I guess it's just gonna need time until the work bears fruit and it all starts to click again.

And if it doesn't I can always pick up my cue again, eh?

No comments: