Monday, September 29, 2008

On Cue...

As a long-time pool and snooker player I have always had a bit of an interest in old snooker cues and the various Riley tombstone cues, so named because the Riley badges on the butts are shaped like a tombstone, are something I've always thought were quite beautiful.

And now I am the proud owner of my first antique Riley cue. The downside of this, however, is I've now decided I want to own one of each of the Riley tombstone cues, of which there are five or six different ones so I now have a new collecting mania.

Sadly the Missus has decreed we need the bathroom doing so I have to find money for this just as I'm finding a new hobby that may require additional funds too.

So antique snooker cues or new bathroom? It's a tough call. Fortunately there is always the excellent website www.thecuecollector.com where I can window-shop if all else fails...

No comments: