Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Martial Lore...

I attended an intensive hapkido course this weekend.

The Other Woman and the Other Woman Who Loves Other Women were there too and I can honestly say that, after two days of kicking and punching and throwing and joint-locking and wrestling and ground-fighting, my body has never ached so much from any form of exercise...

The weekend basically happened because the chief instructor from the main academy was over from the US for a week as she's good friends with our instructor and so they ran an intensive weekend-course-cum-bootcamp for a group of academy students.

And it was spectacularly fab with really good teaching and lots of eager students learning new techniques or refining old ones. It was particularly good from a personal point of view because it provided an injection of enthusiasm when I needed it most and it reminded me that, even though I still have much to learn and refine, I can actually do some of this stuff. In fact I'm even half-decent at some of it.

I could make black belt yet. Maybe...

No comments: