Saturday, December 10, 2016

Competition Time No.1...


Tomorrow I compete in my first BJJ tournament at blue belt. I know the guy I'm fighting and he's also a new BJJ blue belt and we're both black belts at other martial arts, so it should be a decent fight. 

His judo black belt and greater competition experience in that area means I'll have to be wary of his grip fighting, hip throws and trips. 

I'm slowly working out how to employ my standing wrist locks from hapkido, but I'm not confident enough to employ them in a competition environment yet. If I get a strong position on the floor, though, I'm confident I can spot the chance and hit them.

I'm on weight and I'm calmly excited. There is another LFF fighter competing, too. 

It will be a good day. And, even if it's a bad day on the mats for me, there'll be a learning experience somewhere.

No comments: