Sunday, December 11, 2016

Competition Time No.2

I lost my fight today and I have no complaints. I lost to the better fighter.

My initial gameplan of getting an early grip and pulling guard worked. But I couldn't secure the position and he escaped, then he threw me when I got up to my feet. From there, I failed to escape his top position and he eventually mounted me and choked me.

So, takehomes from defeat:
Plan: My plan was solid, but I wasn't good enough at executing it.
Mistakes: I didn't fight to collapse his posture enough and really secure full guard.
Other: In north/south on the bottom, I had no escape plan.
Other: I rushed from the point he escaped and stood up, and I should have been more composed and more careful.

It was a good day, though. Competing is always an education and I now have lots to work on before I compete again in either late January or early February.

No comments: