Monday, May 18, 2020

Beer Review: S43's Imperial Peanut Butter Fudge Stout...


One advantage of Lockdown Land is that I am drinking more. This is good because I like drinking. I always have and I hope I always will. 

I've had moments when this habit has threatened to take hold of me a bit too much. But they were a long time ago, and marriage, work and martial arts training have helped me keep a grip on a potential demon that has haunted and possessed several family members. 

Stout has generally been my drink of choice and I've revelled in the explosion of craft beers in the past five years. Consequently, I decided to give S43's Imperial Peanut Butter Fudge Stout a whirl. 

Drunk too chilled, it can taste a bit metallic. Drunk at room temperature, however, it's a pretty pleasant experience with the peanut note hitting you right at the end. It's quite a thick pour. It's 9%, too, so it's a sipper and not a gulper. 

It's not in my top ten and I still prefer Tailgate's Peanut Butter Milk Stout, but it's worth a go. If only so you can enjoy the quirky can design that's clearly ripped off from a well-known chocolate bar. 

Expert summary: A bit too brazen and not sophisticated enough. Like a young lover who talks a good game about sex then fails to deliver in the bedroom, leaving only the sad taste that comes with high expectations and limited success.

No comments: