Tuesday, September 13, 2005

What’s Up Doc?

I went to see the doctor to have my injured arm double-checked today. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity I finally got in and saw it was a locum doctor rather than my usual thorough-as-a-bloodhound-on-a-scent medic. The meeting went like this.

Doctor: What seems to be the problem?
Me: As my notes show I seriously injured my arm a few weeks ago and it’s still quite swollen and pretty painful so I just wanted to know if it’s still OK.
Doctor: (The doctor prods around for five seconds) It’s fine. Goodbye.

NHS! Best health service in the world... Unless my arm suddenly falls off and I go on to discover the so-called locum doctor was actually the cleaner who found a white coat and fancied living out some medical fantasy. Thank god I didn’t have a prostrate problem...

No comments: