Wednesday, November 30, 2005

A Reader Writes…

Dear Sir

I have spent the past week watching soap operas on the TV set – and may I say there’s no wonder the country is going to rack and ruin if this is what passes for prime-time entertainment!

One show entitled Hollyoaks is currently running a hilariously acted comedy storyline about date rape and that particular topic is not at all funny if you ask me. On the plus side, though, it is addressing the very serious issue of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD!), a very hot potato in sixth form common rooms up and down the land, so it’s not all bad.

I also chanced upon EastEnders and saw the Sonia Jackson dumpling get a slice of girl-on-girl action. I was very upset at the preposterous nature of the storyline – and the appalling acting resembled no girly kissing scene featured in my extensive hobby cabinet.

Come on C4 and BBC. Pull your socks up!

Colonel Dwight Micklewight
Pall Mall Club

No comments: