Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Out Of Site…

Myself, the boy and the missus are at home. We have a new broadband provider and we are keen to finalise the name of our domain which will provide us all with new email addresses. The discussion is not going well.

Then the missus hits on what she thinks is a winning suggestion…
‘How about @tintin.com?’
‘That’s rubbish,’ replies the boy.
‘But it’s comics and we all like some sort of comics.’
‘It’s not proper comics, though, it’s some weird Belgian thing.’
‘It’s only one of the most famous comics in the world.’
‘I’m not having an email address that had my name followed by some weird Belgian thing…’

Silence. So I make my first suggestion of the night.
‘How about @sexdwarf.com?’

The boy stares. The missus gives me that look which is half-bemused and half-what-the-hell-have-I-married before asking me to repeat my suggestion.
‘Say that again…’
‘How about @sexdwarf.com?’
‘Do you think it appropriate that a 16-year-old boy has an email address that has his name followed by @sexdwarf.com?’
‘But he might have a thing for dwarves and end up with several really short girlfriends. Then we’ll probably be doing him a favour…’

The missus stares. The boy is suppressing laughter. I continue, addressing the boy…
‘I mean, do you think you’ll have a thing about dwarves?’
‘It is funny…’

Great. I may have won this round.
‘…but it’s also clearly also the suggestion of an idiot.’

Bugger. Finally the missus has another suggestion.
‘How about @Iammarriedtoanidiot.com?’

Fortunately the boy intervenes.
‘But I’m not married to the idiot. You are…’

Thanks. I think. The debate goes on…

No comments: