Thursday, January 04, 2007

Strong Stuff!

I watched the World's Strongest Man a few nights ago with the American muscleman Phil Phister (pictured above and pronounced 'fister') competing.

There's an event called Fingal's Fingers where the strongmen have to erect long cabers (the fingers) from a lying position and the commentator spent several minutes describing how 'Phister has an excellent technique for getting those fingers right up in the quickest time possible...' and how 'Phister gets those fingers up with such ease...'

I thought I’d died and gone to double entendre heaven!

1 comment:

Velvet Empire said...

P and I also watched this. "The World's Strongest Man" is, in my opinion, the best way to greet in the New Year and I have been watching it for as long as I can remember. And yes, P and I tittered over Phil Phister's comedy name... and the fact he came last. Sigh.