Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Anniversary Time!

It's time to celebrate at FBTP Towers as it's nearly one month since I wrote to my local MP Dawn Butler (pictured above).

And has she written back? Has she buggery! Anyway the original letter is below.

*******************************************************************

Dear Dawn

I’m one of your constituents and I’m just dropping you a line to ask about your position on EDM 595 (Serious Fraud Office Investigation into the Al Yamamah Military Contract).

As you probably know, this EDM was tabled by a cross-party group of MPs who thought the Government’s decision to halt the due legal process of an SFO investigation into large-scale corruption involving BAE Systems was pretty deplorable.

So I’m just writing to ask if this EDM is something you’ll be supporting or whether you won’t be supporting it because you genuinely think the Government’s decision was morally and legally justifiable?

Many thanks for your time

No comments: