Monday, July 16, 2007

The Curse Of Shaggy…

One of my pool-playing chums is nicknamed Shaggy and in days of yore we had many drunken and thoroughly enjoyable evenings that turned into nights that turned into early mornings out on the lash.

We’ve recently had a discussion of sorts and he happened to mention that his karaoke tune of choice would be Wham Rap by Wham! And now I can’t get the bloody tune out of my head.

I even sat down to write a scene on my new play this morning and all I had going through my head was:

‘Hey everybody take a look at me
I’ve got street credibility
I don’t have a job
But I have a god time
With the boys I meet “down the line…”’

This, of course, is quite ironic as I have never had 'street credibility' and I do have a job but it’s still bloody torture. It is better than having Last Christmas or anything by Take That on mental loop, though. Well, apart from I Want You Back.

That's great, that is…

No comments: