Friday, July 20, 2007

Number Of The Week…

It’s 137 as this is the amount of days I’ve gone without a response to my initial letter to my local MP Dawn Butler about the cancellation of the Serious Fraud Office Investigation into the Al Yamamah Military Contract.

I also emailed her a month ago and have again emailed her today. So hopefully this will generate a response.

Personally I think it’s disgraceful that my local MP can’t be arsed to write back. I bet if it was an invitation to get her mug on the front page of the local rag she’d be putting pen to paper like a bloody shot.

The text of the original letter, which she has now had three times, is below:

**********************************

Dear Dawn

I’m one of your constituents and I’m just dropping you a line to ask about your position on EDM 595 (Serious Fraud Office Investigation into the Al Yamamah Military Contract).

As you probably know, this EDM was tabled by a cross-party group of MPs who thought the Government’s decision to halt the due legal process of an SFO investigation into large-scale corruption involving BAE Systems was pretty deplorable. 


So I’m just writing to ask if this EDM is something you’ll be supporting or whether you won’t be supporting it because you genuinely think the Government’s decision was morally and legally justifiable?

Many thanks for your time.

No comments: