Saturday, May 24, 2008

Eurovision…

It’s Saturday and it’s been a bizarre day so far…

Working on a Saturday is always a pain in the rear as it’s something that I now rarely have to do, but it put me out of kilter so I eased the pain by listening to the radio commentary of the Championship play-offs that ended with Hull in the Premiership.

Now that’s pretty odd.

Even if you don’t like football just say the following to yourself: 'Hull in the Premiership…' It’s so preposterous that it beggars belief. As a Goolie I obviously have major antipathy towards all things codhead but ‘Hull in the Premiership’ really does sound ridiculous.

Try saying ‘turd in a swimming pool’. It’s not dis-similar…

I spent the evening with Eurovision on in the background. Eurovision is ridiculous and it’s patently obvious to me that you always need a gimmick to win it: Bucks Fizz had skirt-ripping halfway through their routine; Jordi were Lord Of The Rings goth metal rejects from Finland; Brotherhood of Man sang about kiddy fiddling (‘Save your kisses for me, even though you’re only three…’).

In fact it’s all rubbish but I do like the fact the UK has entered with singing dustman Anthony Abrahams. I was hoping he would be like singing dustman Tony Angelino from Only Fools And Horses and sing ‘Cwying’ but it was some jazz-funk entry instead.

I lost all interest at this point. Tomorrow I go to Wembley to see Leeds play Doncaster in the play-offs to get back into the Championsip.

Leeds struggling to get back into the Championship. Like saying 'Hull in the Premiership' it's just wrong...

No comments: