Saturday, May 10, 2008

Loving The Cave Man…

I was a relatively late convert to Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds as I only really got into him and them about eight years ago, which in music fan-boy terms doesn’t even make me recent enough to be a Johnny-come-lately…

But I’ve been an admirer ever since and last night I finally made it to a gig to see him. The tickets came courtesy of the Missus as a birthday present and we both went to Hammersmith and it was a fab night.

Cave was an electric and idiosyncratic frontman and his fellow Bad Seed Warren Ellis was a wacky and wild accomplice. Cave performed tracks from his new Did Lazarus Dig CD and he also threw in a few oldies such as Let Love In, Deanna, Into My Arms, Red Right Hand and Tupelo.

The highlight of the night for me, however, apart from Ellis performing like a My Hyde on barbiturates, was a great version of We Call Upon The Author To Explain from the new CD.

A very good gig indeed…

No comments: