Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Happy Birthday...


I turned 48 last week. Birthdays for me are usually a time of reflection and planning rather than celebration, so I worked out where I am and started working out where I want to be as I approach 50. 

Here are some thoughts...
i) I still want to be married and happy.
ii) I still want to be doing martial arts.
iii) I still want to be playing pool.
iv) I want to spend less time at work.
v) I want to spend more time writing. 

What this list tells me is that I am pretty content with my lot. Work may veer between toxic and awful and stressed but acceptable, but it does pay an OK wage. And everything else is generally fab. I just need to routine the writing and I am golden.

I think the 18-year-old version of me would be pretty happy with the version he saw 30 years later. And not just because he actually woke up with a woman who sometimes let him do rude stuff. And didn't charge him.

No comments: