Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Girls On Film…

Went to see Jarhead with the missus and it prompted the following conversation:

Missus: ‘Did you like it?’
Me: ‘I thought it was pretty good.’
Missus: ‘I thought you’d like it…’
Me: ‘Well, it’s only fair I got to choose. After all I went to see a chicks’ film with you last week.’

Silence.

Missus: ‘We went to see Brokeback Mountain last week…’
Me: ‘Yes. Archetypal chicks’ film…’
Missus: ‘About gay cowboys?’
Me: ‘It’s more sheepboys than cowboys…’
Missus: ‘Don’t change the subject.’
Me: ‘It’s not the subject matter of a film but the emotional content quotient that counts.’
Missus: ‘So chicks’ films are anything that doesn’t involve things or people getting blown up.’
Me: ‘That’s pretty much my categorisation.’
Missus: ‘So 21 Grams or Schindler’s List are chicks’ film according to you?’
Me: ‘I’d say so…’
Missus: ‘I’ve married an idiot.’

No comments: