Monday, January 23, 2006

Man About Town…

I have a confession… To be fair it’s not much of a confession. It’s nothing along the lines of ‘You see those two blokes in Brokeback Mountain. Well that’s me, that is…’ But it is surprising none-the-less.

So here goes… ‘I quite like shopping for clothes.’

My new-found fondness for attire purchasing began at the start of the January sales when I had some extra cash in my bank account and without even questioning it I decided to buy myself some new clobber.

At one point the very thought of me going shopping for clothes would have brought hoots of derision from any acquaintance who happened to around. And to be fair they had a point as my fashion sense resided somewhere between ‘remedial’ and ‘non-existent’.

But now I’m a very different kettle of style-conscious fish because the missus has carefully nurtured me (ie. ‘You’re not going out in public with me dressed like that. Take it off! Idiot!’) into someone who can now be trusted to buy his own clothes without adult supervision. Well, most of the time.

Anyway my latest purchase is a new coat that looks like a posh donkey jacket. I bought this yesterday (supervised) and I’m very taken with it.

I am an utter dandy – or maybe I am just an utter ponce. It’s definitely one or the other…

No comments: