Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Belt Up!

Hurray! I am now officially a brown belt.

I was presented with my new belt in class this morning and it was a great feeling. I went to see the missus in her office when class had finished to show her. She congratulated me in that pat-on-the-head, I’m-very-impressed, now-go-away-I-have-work-to-do way she sometimes uses.

I then bumped into a work colleague I’d been boring senseless about my grading and told her I had something special to show her… Fortunately I stopped her calling security by assuring her it wasn’t the same something special that a flasher had shown her a few weeks earlier.

I actually sat playing with my new belt at work for about an hour as new belts tend to be very stiff and I wanted to bash it up a bit to make it more flexible. Happy, happy, happy...

I have just reread this and I probably sound like some very sad mental case. But I am quite happy in my own little world…

No comments: