Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Something Fishy…

I am, of course, not unhappy in my job and not looking for a change. Oh no…

But I do like to keep abreast of what’s happening in the wild and wacky world of newspapers and magazines and I do occasionally have a look to see what else is on offer out there.

So I was delighted when a trawl through my usual jobs websites unearthed the possibility of a role as a journalist on ‘a major relaunch of the UK’s number two sea fishing monthly’.

Now I like fishing as much as the next man (as long he thinks it’s a pointless pastime and would rather superglue his testicles to a threshing machine than try to catch a bit of cod) but could there really be a deep-seated rivalry in the world of fishing magazines?

The job promises ‘fishing, travel and writing about it’ but I reckon those behind the publication are in reality after the number one spot rather than being content with the number two spot. So it’s a cover to hide the real hopes and ambitions of the magazine’s publishers.

The job advert is obviously a red herring.

I’ll go now…

No comments: