Friday, February 03, 2006

The Difference Between Men And Women…

The missus was telling me about her day…

‘My friend told me about this poor woman who found out that her husband was cheating on her and he left her at Christmas. And now, to add insult to injury, she has to buy the family business from him because it was a joint company so she’s obviously really vulnerable and feeling depressed and now she’s got all this financial stuff to worry about because her livelihood is on the line…’
‘Did she get her presents?’
‘What?’
‘Did she get her Christmas presents before he left?’
‘Are you trying to be intentionally obtuse?’
‘Well I can understand her being upset at learning her husband is a love rat and with all the business stuff, but I just thought that if he got her some nice presents then it may have taken the edge of it a little bit.’

Silence…

‘You really are a first-class idiot.’
‘That’s a “No” isn’t it?’

More silence...

No comments: