Thursday, February 16, 2006

Browned Off!

I graded for my brown belt at hapkido on Sunday and it went pretty good.

My sparring was pretty solid and my form and techniques were OK but my boxing skills need some serious work. So if you happen to chance on loud grunting and panting sounds coming from the Kensal Green area of London it’s probably just me pounding my punchbag rather than some nuisance-call sex-pervert cracking one off.

I think I passed the grading although I am resisting the temptation to go out and celebrate just yet in case the results are announced and I have a nasty shock waiting for me.

This happened on my degree when I was pretty sure I’d done the work and got a first only to be disappointed when the results were announced and I hadn’t. That was a pretty shit day but it did teach me the importance of not taking anything for granted.

So fingers crossed and here’s hoping…

No comments: