Friday, October 20, 2006

Like A Virgin...

As was infamously discussed in one of the opening scenes in Reservoir Dogs, the lyrics to Like A Virgin relate to the fact that Madonna felt like she was making love for the first time – even though in reality the old slapper had already been around several blocks more than a few times.

And, quite bizarrely, I find myself in a similar state to the baby-adopting former Miss Ciccone as I too am starting to feel quite edgy about putting myself through something that should by now hold few surprises for me.

Yup it’s grading on Sunday and I’m getting hyped but trying to disguise it by pretending to be quite detached from it all. On the plus side I’ve got my techniques more or less down, my form is in decent shape and my spin kicking has been breaking boards for some time now.

On the minus side my chumo sigi (boxing punches) need some work and my head is not as focused as it should be. So in a bid to increase my ebbing confidence I’ve kept a bit of the board that I smashed up at a class yesterday on my desk to remind me that if all else fails I can break things.

That should do the trick. Hopefully…

No comments: