Tuesday, October 03, 2006

On Yer Bike! New Words...

Now I am a veteran London cyclist of nearly two days I am getting to grips with road use and several new and exciting terms.

One of my favourite new terms is ‘Watch where you're driving you fucking idiot!' I have already had occasion to use this once and it was directed at a black minicab who thought it would be a jolly wheeze to see if he could squash me between a parked car and the side of his vehicle.

I felt I may have been harsh with my strong words of yesterday about drivers of black cabs but now I see that I was not harsh enough. Treble the Congestion Charge for all I care and make it treble that treble for those anti-cyclist black-cab-driving scum-fucks. You know who you are and we know where you live (usually because you've got BNP posters in your UPVC conservatory attached to your pebble-dashed house).

Another term of note is 'creeping'. This is when a car coming out of a junction creeps over the stop line of that junction in a plea to let him or her through. This is particular fun when the driver also chooses to ignore oncoming cyclists and keep on moving out. At speed. While talking on a mobile phone.

I may soon start cycling wiith weaponry. That'd learn 'em...

No comments: