Thursday, October 19, 2006

On Yer Bike: News...

In a bid to make myself a more proficient road user I have taken to reading the Highway Code so I know exactly what my rights are.

And basically I have as much right to be on the road as anyone else and this knowledge has filled me with much joy. It has also made me vehemently chastise any driver fuckwit who does something stupidly reckless that endangers my life.

Like last night, for example, when I was changing lanes near Westminster Bridge. I’d done everything correct such as looked back, checked for oncoming traffic, clearly signalled then moved over – only for some utter twat in a Merc or a BMW to cut over two lanes when he realised he’d missed his turning.

I handled the situation with decorum:

‘You reckless wanker. You nearly wrote off two cars and my bike! Read your fucking Highway Code you coke-addled City twat!’

Also in a bizarre opinion u-turn on a previous topic I am starting to notice some drivers of black cabs are actually quite nice and very courteous. Some of them are obviously still utter wankers (a fact usually demonstrated at least once a day on my cycling trips) but my opinions on this topic are being revised.

White van drivers, though, are still to be avoided (on the road as in life).

My newest maxim, though, is that the more flash the car the bigger the cunt inside it.

No comments: