Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Big Break!

So… I’ve finally done it… After 10 years I’ve now officially hung my pool cue up after playing my last competitive game for my adopted county of Surrey.

Whether the break will be for a few years or more permanent will largely depend on how the writing goes next year. I probably won’t miss playing that much but I’ll certainly miss my friends, my team-mates and the rest of the people on the south-east eightball scene.

I’ve taken lengthy breaks from the game before and survived without it, but it will be odd to have the first Sunday of every month free for the first time in a decade. There will be a part of me that badly misses it when the opening match of February 2007 comes round but I’ll get over that soon enough. And the once-a-month Monday hangovers won't be missed either.

In fact it’s quite exciting as I’ve now made the leap from pool player to former pool player who can now spend more time writing.

So no excuses not to succeed as a writer now. Well, apart from the fact I may be rubbish…

No comments: