Friday, November 16, 2007

Grade Expectations…

On Sunday I grade for my red belt at hapkido and I’m feeling remarkably chipper and upbeat about the whole affair.

I’ve been quite nervous on previous gradings so to go into a test for a higher belt so full of optimism is a very welcome change.

This latest belt test features spin kicks, Korean judo, choke escapes and another form. I’ve absolutely nailed two of those areas and am OK on the others and, even better, I’m no longer carrying a knee injury I thought would stop me from grading.

Confidence, positive thoughts, it’s gonna be great…

But there’s a little nagging doubt. I mean, this year I was equally confident I was going to win a playwrighting award and I was also going to win a Surrey pool event – and look what happened there…

So better not dwell on that. As the Boy says when discussing stress: 'You just don't let that shit mess with your head...'

No comments: